niedziela, 22 listopada 2015

An occasion for some riflection

My dear Friends,
what is forgiveness and should people always forgive their wrongdoers? Probably the answer of many of us is quite obvious when it comes to everyday life situations like having arguments, insulting others and being insulted, lying to each other etc. But what about such cases like murders, betrayals and infringements? Is it possible to forgive such delinquencies and continue to live without persistent sense of hatred and grief? 
This kind of reflection has come into my mind and completely broke my heart when I was visiting Auschwitz concentration camp last Saturday. I was familiarized nefore with the history about a ferocious treatment and extermination of people by the Nazi German, but it was extremely hard experience to realize that I was physically present in a zone where such horrible things had taken place. When I was walking there, I really couldn’t believe that everything that had happened was true. It was like a horror film, but based on real facts and evidences. Considering hard conditions in which prisoners had to live and work, the ferocity and brutal inhuman behavior of the Nazi German executors, there immediately appears a question, could they be forgiven by their numerous victims and members of the victims’ families?
I can hardly imagine myself in a place of these victims and try to forgive, but I know that forgiveness is an utterly powerful thing that can miraculously reconcile people, giving them an inner peace and happiness.


Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz