As I've been learning to cook some dishes new for me, I mean not prepared by me defore, I've come up with an idea to share with you several recipes I have recently found on the Internet and in my recipe book. Moreover, I should say the dishes I've cooked were really delicious! :)
To begin with, I would like to point out that , like every good cooker knows, when you prepare a certain dish, sticking to all clues of a recipe, there is a risk it won't be so tasty you expect. It is because the ingredients you bought are a bit different or you have different tastes and prefer to add something more or less than it is suggested in the recipe. So it is always smart to improvize a little with proportions ;)
So here you can find a recipe of one of the tastiest Polish first courses - żurek!
To prepare the soup you will need (6-8 portions):
- 2 litres of meat stock
- 500 ml of rye sourdough
- 4 white sausages (not cooked)
- 200 g of bacon
- 1 large onion
- 2 tbsp of of horseradish
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tbsp of cream
- 3 tbsp of dry marjoram
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper
- boiled eggs to serve with soup
- Cook the stock with meat (preferably beef, but can be also pork or chicken), vegetables (mirepoix)
- In a pan, fry the bacon in a medium heat and in several minutes add a chopped onion until it will all become browned.
- Add the content of the pan and the entire sausages to the stock and boil it for 30 min.
- After taking out the sausages, add initially 250 ml of sourdough to the stock for the soup will not be too sour. Add the rest of the sourdough if you like.
- Then add a sliced clove garlic, 2 tablebspoon of horseradish and the marjoram. I also advise you to add some more seasonings, like allspice and tarragon, it will bring a special aroma and a taste to the soup ;)
- Boil all the ingredients for several minutes and after turning off the heat add the cream.
- Before serving chop the sausages in slices and the eggs in halves and flour żurek with some salt and pepper.
You can consult the recipe here:
In the next post I will present to you another good recipe ;)